COVID-19 Regional Update
Fully vaccinated means having received the prescribed doses of the specific vaccine, with the latest vaccination received at least 14 days prior to arrival in Kenya (not including the day of vaccination).
- All fully vaccinated travellers are exempt from presenting a negative COVID-19 PCR test result on arrival
- There are no self-quarantine requirements for travellers arriving into the country.
- All fully vaccinated travellers will be required to upload their certificate of COVID-19 vaccination onto Global Haven at www.globalhaven.org. No paper verification on arrival. A QR Code will automatically download to your device and be emailed to you, this is to be presented on arrival in Kenya.
- The following categories of trare exempt fromvellers a the COVID-19 vaccination certificate requirement:
A. Children below the age of 5 years.
B. Travellers with medical conditions preluding vaccination. These travellers are required to provide a letter from a recognized medical practitioner detailing the medical reason preluding vaccination.
C. Travellers who have recovered from an active COVID-19 infection or received convalescent plasma in the preceding 90 days. These travellers are required to provide a letter from a recognized medical practitioner showing that the traveller has recovered from an active infection in the preceding 90 days.
Fully Vaccinated Travellers Aged 6 Years and Older
- All fully vaccinated travellers are exempt from presenting a negative test or result on arrival in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar.
- All fully vaccinated travellers will be required to present a valid vaccination certificate with a QR code for verification upon arrival. (The only accepted vaccines are those that have been approved by the United Republic of Tanzania, the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar and the World Health Organization)
- Travellers originating from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, France, India, Malawi, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States of America, Rwanda and South Africa will be required to book and pay for a Rapid Antigen Test prior to arrival. Test results are available approximately 15 minutes after sample collection.
- All fully vaccinated travellers are exempt from presenting a negative COVID-19 Real-Time Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test result on arrival
- All fully vaccinated travellers will be required to present a valid vaccination certificate upon arrival
- Complete the Test and Fly document prior to departure for Uganda (please print the completed form to be presented on arrival)
- All passengers eligible (aged 12 years and over) for a COVID-19 vaccine, must be fully vaccinated and in possession of a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- Obtain a valid negative Rapid Antigen COVID-19 test certificate conducted 72 hours prior to departure for Rwanda (children below the age of 5 years are exempt from this requirement)
- Complete the Passenger Locator form and upload their negative Rapid Antigen test result before departure to Rwanda via www.rbc.gov.rw
- Undergo a mandatory rapid Covid test on arrival, result available in 30 mins